"There is nothing more pleasant than cruising on a boat with the whole family."
Letter from Empress Catherine the Great

Monday, July 1, 2013

COMPETITION!

In June this blog had 1494 page views. This is the second highest monthly total  in its history, which began in the fall of 2010. The only higher number was 1509 in May 2011.We would have had a new high except for new competition for my readership.

Yes, starting at the beginning of our current cruise, in mid June, I have had competition. My beloved Ilene, who started this blog and then sort of gave it over to me, has been engaged in unfair competition!  She is sending a daily email to about 40 of her closest family and friends, the most likely of my readers, describing her take on the events of the day. Her emails are well written with photos but less details. And some of my readers are contented with her condensed versions of these posts. Some people do not like details.

 Don't worry; I love her anyway and will continue these posts. Competition is the American way and good for business. It causes people to try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment