"There is nothing more pleasant than cruising on a boat with the whole family."
Letter from Empress Catherine the Great

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Amazing Update!


Not much to write about today. Roger and Reiner (a friendly "boatwright" who is living on his VERY beat up looking, non sail-able sailboat which is moored near our boat) are working on fixing our heads. I am staying away from the boat until such work is complete. Its not pretty to say the very least!
However, last night when we returned to ILENE after another delicious meal at my favorite restaurant (escargot to die for, and then sea bass sauteed in garlic, butter and lemon. I thought I was eating what they must serve in heaven) we saw a sight that we'd never seen before and, frankly, were very happy never to have seen it. And that was Whitty sitting on top of the bimini. This was always the sole provence of Alpha Girl. Whitty was my safe and secure and non risk taking cat. He didn't go too close to the edge of the boat, and he certainly isn't the jumper she is. But that is all over now. He was up on top as long as I allowed them to be out last night, and he was back up there this AM. In addition to my increased nervousness that he (or she) will fall off, there is no way this canvas is going to last much longer. Whitty is a big cat. The picture above is of AG on top of the bimini just so you know what I'm talking about. I don't yet have a pic of him up there but I'm sure that will be coming soon. Oh well, there is no stopping progress.
Thats all for now. I think we'll be leaving St. Martin soon...as soon as the heads are fixed. You will be kept in the loop, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment