"There is nothing more pleasant than cruising on a boat with the whole family."
Letter from Empress Catherine the Great

Friday, November 12, 2010

Finally...Gratitude!

Yesterday felt like a turning point. I'm not going to get into ALL of the feelings and help I received but the key word is help. Why is it so difficult to acknowledge when I need help? And I'm not talking about asking for help in getting the "things" I think I need or want. That I'm good at! I'm talking about the kind of help that requires I be vulnerable...I admit my fear and my weakness...maybe even shame.

I can't begin to describe the relief I feel today, and finally the excitement of what lies ahead on this journey. And all because I admitted my fear and people gave me love.

I have two leads already on how I (we) can be of service while cruising. One has to do with helping clear forest and debris from the national parks on St. John of the USVI and another has to do with helping children in the schools. I pray for the courage to be of service even though my self centered nature tells me I won't be any good at it.

Yesterday my internet was down but today I see that Ilene the Boat continues her journey safely. Whitty & Alpha Girl (feline sailing companions) have received their permits to enter the BVI's, and I continue (day 4) to give them doses of Animal Rescue Remedy which is supposed to calm them. They need to be calm on Wednesday the 17th when I will be packing them into a carrier and flying with them to Tortola. I was told to start them now on it to see if it will work. I don't know if it is or isn't but it's the best I can do. This is a non drug using family!

More anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment