"There is nothing more pleasant than cruising on a boat with the whole family."
Letter from Empress Catherine the Great

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Home

Today is day 4 at home since my trip north from Virginia. I must say it feels good. Knowing I have some extra time before I leave for Tortola (I was able to reschedule my flight from the 11th to the 17th. Roger is scheduled to depart on the 8th) has made me feel calmer. Things are getting done, and I now have more time to do them.
The cats are ready, although it will still take a trip to Kennedy airport to have their health certificate signed by a USDA vet to truly have the work completed for a trip out of the country with animals. There is plenty of time for me to grow anxious about having them in a carrier under a plane seat for 4 hours...and that is only the first leg of the trip. We land in San Juan and then have a 2 hour wait for a 30 minute connecting flight to Beef Island (Tortola). I land there at about 10 PM and hopefully Rog will be waiting for me. If not, I get myself and the kitties to the Marina where there is a hotel awaiting us. "No problem, mon, we take your kitties"
So, today is another day and I have at least 2-3 chores to accomplish. It's so much better to do them than to worry about them. Simple thought, but when one has a "built-in forgetter" one tends to suffer a bit before realizing there is another way. Action!
I feel badly for my hubby. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks that Ilene the Boat and Rojay sit at a dock in Virginia. The weather was beautiful during the first week when I was there, but since I've left it has been gray and windy and cold and wet. And no, I am not quite so narcissistic to think there is a connection between weather and my presence. And, yet....

Love you, Roger!

No comments:

Post a Comment