"There is nothing more pleasant than cruising on a boat with the whole family."
Letter from Empress Catherine the Great

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Roger's Journey

Yes, he's out there with his crew of 4...my Captain. I give him so much credit. I've never had anyone in my life (and I apologize to anyone in my life who may be offended by this statement) with his determination and perseverance. He came home about a year ago and said "I can die without sailing around the world but I won't die without sailing to the Caribbean, and if not now then when? He put so much work (and money) into getting Ilene the Boat ready for this trip and now he is on his journey. I spoke to him Monday morning as they were nearing the Chesapeake Bridge & Tunnel which is, I believe , the official start of the Carib 1500, and if any of you know Roger you know that hearing pure excitement in his voice isn't an everyday occurrence. But it was there LARGE Monday AM.

I feel such happiness for him. I am grateful he is in my life and I am grateful to feel such joy for another human.

Please check out his position in the mighty Atlantic. Go to the website above and you will see ILENE on the left hand side of the page. You can see where he is relative to the other boats in his class (near the front!) and his mileage and where he is relative to the US Coast. It's pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Mary Ann and I are enjoying your blog. We are glad you get to pursue this great adventure, and we envy you the extended time at sea. Stay well.
    Bob Owens

    ReplyDelete