"There is nothing more pleasant than cruising on a boat with the whole family."
Letter from Empress Catherine the Great

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Day Before

It is so interesting to see the EXTREME stress I am feeling as I get ready to leave my home...my life...for six months. It's not that I actually "feel" it. I just exhibit it. So, I can see it. I can see it in my lack of patience, my temper and my total self absorption. NO-ONE has anything going on in their life but me! This better go away quickly or I might lose myself totally, or lose my friends and family as they flee from the tempest that seems to be me. This post probably belongs in a journal more than a blog about sailing but I'm not sure I can keep the personal stuff out. So, it will be what it will be.
Today we head for the boat for the survey. Hopefully, the surveyor shows up and the boat passes. If so, it gets "launched" this afternoon (put into the water as she {boats are ALWAYS a she} has been in dry dock for about a month) and we set sail tomorrow.
At least I get to come home on or about November 1st while Roger heads out to sea for the 1500 mile journey to the British Virgin Islands. He appears so calm next to me but I know he can't be that calm. We each have our temperment. Are we born with it?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're not going to keep the personal stuff out! Not being a sailor, I really don't care about sailing - but I do care about you. People are much more interesting than boats.

    Today I hoisted a gib - I swabbed a deck - we tacked a dingie - I pooped a seagull - really! How dull. But you wrestling with your selfcenteredness and wrestless temperment -

    THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!

    ReplyDelete