"There is nothing more pleasant than cruising on a boat with the whole family."
Letter from Empress Catherine the Great

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fixed Schedules. Ha!

Our new departure date is Friday, October 22nd. It all makes perfect sense to me. Now, our sail to Virginia will be on the weekend. This is a perfect time for me as I have more time at home and more availability to my candidates during the work week. We do have cell and internet coverage on the boat but I am unsure if that coverage is readily available 5 miles off the coast of the U. S. All in all, I am happy that our journey has been delayed by a few days. Originally we were to set sails on Wednesday...Today!
I am fairly certain this happiness at the delay doesn't mean I really don't want to go. I do. I really, really do!

1 comment:

  1. Ilene and Roger: I am so excited that you are going to keep a blog. I will follow you as well as post a link on my site www.sailpandora.blogspot.com in the next few days. This is a trip that I'd very much like to take in a few years, with Brenda likely skipping the ocean part like you Ilene. We put a lot of miles on Pandora (fellow SAGA 43) this year and spent some two months in total aboard between Annapolis and Maine. The coming summer still will have us "local" with sailing in CT, RI and Maine and hopefully ending up in Annapolis again. This year work got in the way of Annapolis but we had fun none the less. We are getting the house ready to sell, perhaps in the spring to begin our downsizing plans that will put us in a position to do something like you are doing in a few short, or long, years from now. Roger: Please take the time to detail what you have done to Ilene, the plastic one, to make her ready for the trip as I, and others, will surely be interested. Knowing what you did to Ilene #1 too would be interested to get her along for the trip.

    Be sure to post lots of pictures along the way.

    Take care and post often. Brenda and I will follow you with interest. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete