"There is nothing more pleasant than cruising on a boat with the whole family."
Letter from Empress Catherine the Great

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Rogue

That is the name of the wi fi booster bought to ensure and enhance wi fi access when in different harbors and marinas. Good name, no? Well, I have probably spent a total of 5 hours both yesterday and today working with the company we bought it from to get this thing to work. I have to say they have been "marvelous" in their efforts to help. I know more about how a router works than I ever thought possible. But, even though we are closer to having it fully functional, absolute success still eludes.
On the other hand, what a great opportunity to be patient and allow things to be worked on gradually. For me not to have immediate gratification...to bear frustration, is actually a sign of growth. I am grateful to be able to see the shortcomings in my personality, recognize them with the help of loving friends who don't judge...and see the change, however slight it may be, in my ability to tolerate what was once intolerable.
Thank you, HP.
I'm signing off now...going to try and watch Obama on the Jon Stewart show on the computer. More anon!

1 comment:

  1. So pleased to see that Pandora isn't the only boat with kinks to be worked out. I'd be interested in learning more about wifi units.

    Keep those posts coming and safe sailing.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete