"There is nothing more pleasant than cruising on a boat with the whole family."
Letter from Empress Catherine the Great

Friday, October 22, 2010

Today's the Day!

OK...so off we go! Roger and I were at the boat yesterday for HOURS!!! Now I know his secret of staying thin. he doesn't eat all day because he is totally occupied with getting the boat ready for her sail south. It is a neat trick and I may try and do more of what he does...work. I found that being involved with something other than TV keeps ones mind off of ones stomach. There are multiple benefits to getting out of ones own head!
So, enough about me. Ilene the boat is floating. She doesn't have her head sails up yet but that will be done this morning and if you head down to the East River at about 10 or 11 am you will see us heading out past Lady Liberty (I'll take a photo!) and into the ocean.
It's our grand adventure beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment